L2P Learner driver mentor program
The Nillumbik L2P Learner Driver Mentor Program is for young people in Nillumbik Shire who are having difficulties getting 120 hours driving time, so they can apply for their car licence.
How it works
After you complete the application form, we will talk to you about the program and see if you meet the eligibility criteria.
If you are accepted
- We will put you in contact with a mentor driver and you can organise with each other times that suit both of you
- We provide an automatic car to use in your driving sessions
- When you are ready, we will support you through your driving test
- Be between 16 and 21 years of age
- Live, work or study in the Shire of Nillumbik
- Hold a current Victorian Learner’s Permit
- Have no access to a suitable supervising driver such as a parent, relative or significant other
- Have no access to a vehicle
- Have limited financial means
- Make a commitment to the program for at least 12 months
Complete the online form
Read Zara's story who recently gained her licence with the support of her mentor Frank.
Contact the L2P Project Officer on 9433 3329 or L2P@Nillumbik.vic.gov.au
Become a volunteer mentor driver
This program could not run without our volunteer mentor drivers. We are always on the lookout for people to get involved, so sign up here.
L2P in Nillumbik is funded by the Transport Accident Commission and Bendigo Bank and is managed by Vic Roads in conjunction with Nillumbik Shire Council.