Nillumbeats is the name or our FReeZA Committee, a team of youth volunteers who run music and art events for other young people living in Nillumbik.
We're on the lookout for young musicians!
Are you a musician aged 12-25 looking for paid performance opportunities?
The Nillumbeats FReeZA team are always looking for local young musicians and bands to perform at various events throughout the year. Sign up to our local musicians database to be contacted about paid performance opportunities and upskilling workshops.
Join the Musicians Database
For more information about performing at Nillumbeats events contact:
Molly Eames, Youth Development Officer via email@example.com or 0428 891 320
Upcoming Artist Workshops:
Are you a young creative looking to upskill? Check out these upcoming workshops:
Find Your Bandmates
Sunday 13 August, 1-4pm
Hurstbridge Community Hub, free with lunch provided.
Are you a musician looking for bandmates? Come to our Find Your Bandmates session to connect with other young musicians and learn the basics of how to form, self-manage and part ways with your band.
- Hear from expert panel including Dandy Tyler from Girls Rock! and Pantjiti Lawrence from Untitled Group on forming, self-managing and establishing your band.
- Participate in fun networking activities to meet likeminded musicians looking for bandmates.
- Hear about opportunities for young musicians to perform, record and distribute music.
Find out more and register
This session is for young people aged 12-25.
Wnt to gain work experience in music events management?
Do you love live music? Always wanted to run events?
We’re on the lookout for young people to stage local events and festivals through our Nillumbeats FReeZa program! No experience required - just a love of music and events.
Past events run by Nillumbeats include the All Ages Tour, Eltham Food Truck Festival and the Hurstbridge Skate Comp
Benefits of being a Nillumbeats committee member:
- Heaps of experience and skills in event planning and management
- Gain connections and information about Victoria’s music industry and career pathways
- Free entry and exclusive behind the scenes at Nillumbik events.
- Build up your resume while meeting new friends!
- A love for live music, performing arts and recreational events
- Be aged between 15 to 24 years
- Live, work, study or play within Nillumbik Shire
- be able to attend fortnightly meetings on Thursdays 5-6pm and volunteer at events.
- An interest and/or experience in live music gigs, event management / planning, or a willingness to learn
If this sounds good to you, click the link below to apply.
Apply for Nillumbeats
For more info contact:
Molly Eames, Youth Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0428 891 320
FReeZA is a Victorian State Government Initiative to support all ages drug, alcohol and smoke free entertainment for 15 to 25 year olds.