Nillumbeats is the name or our FReeZA Committee, a team of youth volunteers who run music and art events for other young people living in Nillumbik.
We're on the lookout for festival volunteers!
Want to gain event experience? We’re looking for a number of young people aged 14-25 to volunteer during festival season!
The Nillumbik Youth team are assisting with a number of major local festivals and are on the lookout for young people to help on event day
Festivals we need volunteers for include:
- Wattle Festival (Sunday 28 August)
- Diamond Creek Rotary Town Fair (Saturday 10 September)
- Wadambuk St. Andrews Community Festival (Saturday 22 October)
Event day roles may include:
- Ticket scanning
- Working with youth performers and entertainers
- Stage management
- Sound and light production
- Running activities for other young people
All volunteers will be provided with meals on the day and an exclusive behind the scene look at how festival operate! Volunteers will also be provided with training in the lead up to events and a letter of recommendation after the event detailing their contribution.
Click here to apply for festival volunteer roles!
For more information about volunteering at youth events please contact:
Molly Jessop, Youth Development Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0428 891 320
Want to gain work experience in music events management?
Do you love live music? Always wanted to run events?
We’re on the lookout for young people to stage local events and festivals through our Nillumbeats FReeZa program! No experience required - just a love of music and events.
Past events run by Nillumbeats include the All Ages Tour, Eltham Food Truck Festival and the Hurstbridge Skate Comp
Benefits of being a Nillumbeats committee member:
- Heaps of experience and skills in event planning and management
- Gain connections and information about Victoria’s music industry and career pathways
- Free entry and exclusive behind the scenes at Nillumbik events.
- Build up your resume while meeting new friends!
- A love for live music, performing arts and recreational events
- Be aged between 15 to 24 years
- Live, work, study or play within Nillumbik Shire
- be able to attend fortnightly meetings on Wednesdays 5-6pm and volunteer at events.
- An interest and/or experience in live music gigs, event management / planning, or a willingness to learn
If this sounds good to you, click the link below to apply.
Apply for Nillumbeats
For more info contact:
Molly Jessop, Youth Development Officer at email@example.com or 0428 891 320
FReeZA is a Victorian State Government Initiative to support all ages drug, alcohol and smoke free entertainment for 15 to 25 year olds.