We are looking for young people to join the Nillumbik Youth Council!
Are you 15-25 years old? Are you passionate about your community and wanting to represent the views, ideas and needs of young people in Nillumbik?
The Nillumbik Youth Council Will:
- Act as a peak advisory group to Council, advocating for opportunities, barriers and issues impacting on young people in Nillumbik
- Provide advice to Council about how their issues can be addressed
- Develop local initiatives and projects for young people
The Youth Council will be responsible for the establishment and review of a Youth Strategy and Action Plan, which will set out the priorities and actions for young people to lead with the support of Council across their two-year term.
Benefits of being a member of Youth Council:
- Increase your confidence, skills and knowledge in leadership, advocacy, team work, local government, communication and project management
- Opportunity to provide feedback, advice and views on issues that are important to you and other young people in your community
- Build strong connections with other young people, local government and within your local community
- Learn key skills such as running and facilitating meetings, community engagement, developing and leading projects, advocacy and more
- Great experience to add to your CV!
- The Nillumbik Youth Council will consist of up to 15 Youth Councillors aged between 15-25 years of age
- Applicants must live, work, volunteer, study or play in Nillumbik
- For more information on the Youth Council including key dates please download the Information Pack below.
Term of Office:
- Youth Councillors will be appointed for a two year term, however all Youth Councillors reserve the right to reconsider their role on Youth Council each financial year according to work, study or personal commitments.
Applications open: Monday 11 January 2021.
Applications close: Friday 26 February 2021.
Youth Council Information Pack(PDF, 191KB)
For more information on the Youth Council including key dates and selection criteria please download the Information Pack below. If you have any further questions or would like any further information, please reach out by emailing email@example.com or contacting Nicola Clutton, Acting Team Leader Youth Development on 9433 3156.