Every year Victorian Youth Week is an exciting showcase that celebrates the talents, skills and ideas of diverse young people across Victoria. This year has been particularly challenging for young people, so showcasing their talents and providing an opportunity to connect with the community is needed more than ever.
Youth Takeover Nillumbik
Young people aged 12-25 years old are invited to Takeover Nillumbik Youth social media by submitting an application to host a pre-recorded video of a music performance or other arts, cultural, recreational and/or educational activities. The activity can be anything suitable for streaming on social media for a minimum of 5 minutes and up to a maximum of 60 minutes in duration. Applications can be submitted by individual young people or as a group.
Submissions will be streamed on the Nillumbik Youth Facebook and/or Instagram throughout ‘Youth Week’ between 15 November and 15 December. Successful submissions under 20 minutes will receive $50 for each video featured on the Nillumbik Youth pages, while successful submissions between 20 and 60 minutes in length will receive $150 for each featured video.
Applications are open from October 26 until November 29. Please note you don’t need to submit your content when you apply.
Applications can be completed online and must include:
- Brief biography
- A written concept of the event accompanied by a sample video recording
- An ABN or ATO supplier letter (further information on how to complete the ATO supplier form will be provided in the application)
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be aged 12-25 years old
- Live, work, volunteer, study, play within Nillumbik
- Individuals or collaborative groups are welcome to apply
- Events/activities must be pre-recorded and submitted in video format for a minimum of 20 minutes and up to a maximum of 60 minutes in duration
Please ensure you have downloaded and read through a copy of the project guidelines below prior to submitting your application.
If you need any assistance with your application or have any questions, contact Nillumbik Youth at email@example.com or call 9433 3168.