Youth Development Grants
If you are interested in applying for a small grant to support a Youth related project, event or initiative then you may be eligible to apply under the Nillumbik Community Fund.
The Nillumbik Community Fund supports Council's grant program to provide community groups with resources to enhance and strengthen their own neighbourhoods and townships.
Quick Response Grants
Our Quick Response grant of up to $500 is available to support community groups and organisations with emerging or unexpected needs and opportunities. This grant aims to fill a gap in funding for community groups requiring assistance outside the annual/biannual grant timelines.
Applications open 6 January 2020 and close on 26 April 2020, or earlier if funds are exhausted.
Applicants can only apply for one Quick Response Grant each financial year.
Funding is available to assist with costs such as:
- Start-up and establishment costs
- Purchase or hire of materials and equipment
- Consultant, provider or artist fees
- Promotional materials such as brochures, newsletters, websites and signage
- Venue hire charges
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- Be an incorporated not-for profit organisation or community group that lives, works, studies, volunteers or plays in Nillumbik
- Be auspiced by an incorporated body for unincorporated groups
- Hold a minimum of $10 million public liability insurance
- Have acquitted and is compliant with all Nillumbik grants previously awarded by Council
- Spend the funds before 30 June 2020.
Applications will NOT be considered for:
- Individuals or commercial businesses
- Ongoing organisational operating costs such as wages or salaries
- Repeat projects
- School curriculum based projects
- Projects that have received full funding from another source
- Projects that have already received funding from Nillumbik Shire Council in this financial year
- Retrospective funding or projects which are due to commence prior to the notification of the application outcome
To apply online go to our grants website. Click on the Quick Response Grant and follow the steps to submit your application.
Community Fund Grants 2019-2020
Opening 16 March 2020. More information will be available soon.