The Creative Collective
Nillumbik Youth Art Competition 2020
The Creative Collective is a youth art competition giving young people the opportunity to express themselves through creativity. This year’s theme is ‘Unmasked’, highlighting young people's experiences during COVID-19.
During this time of isolation we want to give you the opportunity to express yourself and your experiences through your preferred method of creative expression.
- Have you rediscovered a hobby you used to love?
- Are you loving the extra time spent with your family?
- Are you missing playing sport or seeing your mates at school?
Entry is open to persons between 12 – 25 years of age who live, work, study, volunteer or play in the Shire of Nillumbik.
There will be three age categories specified for judging:
- 12-16 years
- 17-20 years
- 21 – 25 years
Entry is open to individual young people only. Submissions will be accepted of work in any artistic medium.
Artwork must be new and the entrant’s own work, all artwork will remain the property of the artist.
How to enter:
- Read the T&Cs thoroughly
- Decide which artistic medium you would like to use
- Create a new piece of artwork that expresses the impact COVID-19 and self-isolation has had on you.
- If you are using paper, canvas or any other physical medium, please take a photo of your creation for submission. If you have used a digital artistic method, you need to save a copy of the final file.
- Once you have finished your piece of artwork register via the link below and upload your artwork file.
- Any file type up to the size of 25MB can be accepted.
- The registration form requires your (or, if you are under 18, your parent/guardian’s) consent to the possible publication of your name and age together with your artwork on the Nillumbik Youth digital platforms for the purpose of promoting the exhibition.
- You may need to reduce the size of your file to upload; if you need to do this be sure to keep a copy of the original resolution as we may reach out to you if you win for the higher res copy for the online showcase.
Enter your submission here
First prize - $300 Visa Gift Card and a 1-on-1 mentoring session with an experienced local artist within the winners’ creative medium (paint/photography etc.)
Category winners Top 3 from each age category - $100 Visa Gift Card voucher
Top entries will have their artwork displayed on the Nillumbik Youth website on ‘The Creative Collective’ webpage, along with the Nillumbik Youth social media channel.
Entries open 3 August 2020
Entries close 20 September 2020
Winners announced: November
Enter your submission here
FReeZA is a Victorian State Government Initiative to support all ages drug, alcohol and smoke free entertainment for 12 to 25 year olds.