The Creative Collective
Nillumbik Youth Art Competition 2021
Nillumbik Youth is excited to once again host The Creative Collective annual youth art competition.
The Creative Collective engages local groups, individuals, communities and schools to invite young people to demonstrate their unique points of view through creative expression.
The theme for 2021 is ‘Perspectives’ - encouraging young people to share what they are passionate about through mediums such as painting, photography, sculpture, literature, and more.
Through this variety of art forms, Council and community gain an opportunity to see things from the point of view of our young people, and a level of understanding between generations.
The competition is open to anyone aged 12–18 who lives, works, studies, volunteers or plays in Nillumbik Shire.
Entries close on Sunday 17 October 2021.
First prize - $300 Visa Gift Card and a 1-on-1 mentor session with an experienced local artist.
Category winners Top 3 from each age category - $100 Visa Gift Card voucher
Top entries selected will have their artwork exhibited at Montsalvat within the Residents Gallery.
Up to 20 artworks will be exhibited at Montsalvat within the Residents Gallery from March 23 through to the 17 April 2022.
How to enter:
- Read the T&Cs thoroughly
- Decide which artistic medium you would like to use
- Create a new piece of artwork that expresses your passion from your point of view
- If you are using paper, canvas or any other physical method, please take a photo of your creation for submission. If you have used a digital artistic method, you need to save a copy of the final file.
- The registration form will accept any file type up to the size of 25MB
- You may need to reduce the size of your file to upload, if you need to do this be sure to keep a copy of the original resolution, we may reach out to you if you win for the higher resolution copy.
- You will be asked to title your artwork and provide a short description on how your artwork relates to the them
Making your art work ready for exhibition
Nillumbik Youth Officers will work with the selected winners to ensure their artwork is ready for exhibition.
However artists should ensure the title, your name and contact phone number is on your art work.
Nillumbik Youth development team will work with young people who’s artwork is going to be displayed at the exhibition to ensure their artwork is ready for exhibition.
Works on paper must be framed or have window mounts and must also have D rings and suitable hanging wire attached.
Nillumbik Youth Officers will work with selected winners to ensure artwork is ready.
FReeZA is a Victorian State Government Initiative to support all ages drug, alcohol and smoke free entertainment for 12 to 25 year olds.