Nillumbik Youth In Action
We are looking for young people to join Nillumbik Youth in Action!
Are you 15-25? Want to make change in the community while meeting like minded people?
Join Nillumbik Youth in Action to:
- Meet like minded people
- Make change in Nillumbik by designing your own awesome project for young people
- Develop skills in community engagement, social connectivity and advocacy.
- Have your voice heard in the community!
Members of Nillumbik Youth in Action will learn skills in community leadership and social connection, using these skills to create and establish a Community Action Project of their choice which will help young people across Nillumbik Shire connect.
Benefits of joining Nillumbik Youth in Action:
- Boost your confidence and skillset in leadership, project management and advocacy
- Design your own community action project, bringing young people of Nillumbik together!
- Opportunity to meet other like-minded young people and build long term connections
- Build connections within local government and youth organisations including YacVic and Reach.
- Great experience to add to your CV!
Participants of Nillumbik Youth In Action must:
- Be aged between 15-25
- Work, live, volunteer, study or play in Nillumbik
In the application form, potential participants will be assessed on the following questions:
- Why would you like to join Nillumbik Youth In Action?
- What skills, knowledge and experience do you believe you could bring to Nillumbik Youth In Action?
- What key issues relating to young people are important to you?
- What initiatives or programs would you like to see implemented by Nillumbik Youth In Action?
For more information on Nillumbik Youth In Action including key dates please download the Information Pack below.
Applications open: Wednesday 17 March 2021.
Applications close: Monday 19 April 2021.
For further information on Nillumbik Youth In Action including key dates and selection criteria please download the Information Pack below.
If you have any further questions or require further information please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting Molly Jessop, Youth Recovery and Engagement Officer 0428 891 320.