Transdev poster competition 2020
Published on 08 September 2020
Transdev Melbourne are encouraging all Victorian school students in years 5-9 to create an original poster featuring a bus safety message for your chance to win some fantastic prizes!
The competition runs between 17 August – 25 September 2020 with exciting prizes to be won:
- 1st prize: Nintendo Switch gaming console
- 2nd prize: Dymocks book voucher ($150)
- 3rd prize: Riot Art and craft voucher ($50)
- Journey Maker's choice award: Smiggle Voucher ($25)
Prizes will be awarded in two categories – for primary students enrolled in Years 5 and 6 and secondary students enrolled in Years 7 and 8.
What should I include on my poster?
You can choose your own safety message or use one of the following suggestions as inspiration for your poster.
- Holding on when standing up or taking a seat to avoid skips and falls
- Being aware of other passengers and keeping aisles clear of school bags
- Travelling safely during COVID-19
- Ensuring the driver is able to do their job by not distracting the driver when the bus is moving, having quiet conversations and not playing loud mysic
- Being alert around roads and bus stops
How will be post be judged?
- Posters should be either A3 or A4 portrait size
- Entries must be an original drawing using the following mediums - pencil, felt tip pen, water colour paints or crayons
- Must include a hand drawn Transdev logo
- Your entry should demonstrate a clear safety message and include correct safety behavior (rather than what not to do)
- Originality of design or innovative concepts (think what will get other passengers' attend or ensure they read it)
- How well the poster conveys safety issues
To enter visit: transdevmelbourne.com.au/poster-competition